How can we help you?


Browse the topics below to find what you are looking for

SIB is your first point of contact for all matters relating to local and foreign investments in Seychelles. We offer a range of services to support you during every phase of your business project; from its conception, development to implementation and post-investment. Furthermore, we actively research new investment opportunities and make them known to you, assisting with any queries, guiding you to the right stakeholders, assist in partner identification and matchmaking and following up once your business has been set-up.

Find out more about who we are.

A range of attractive incentives are offered to investors in Tourism, Health, Education, Fisheries and Agriculture. Summary of all incentives coming soon.

  1. Submit your Business Plan to SIB
  2. Register your business or company at the Registration Division
  3. Apply for a Tax Identification Number (TIN) at the Seychelles Revenue Commission (SRC)
  4. Should your project require architectural planning, submit a detailed planning application to the Seychelles Planning Authority
  5. Should your business be licensable, apply for a license at the Seychelles Licensing Authority (SLA)
  6. Should you have foreign employees, apply for Gainful Occupational Permits (GOP) at the Department of Employment

Find out more

SIB is located on the 2nd floor, Independence House Annex, Victoria.

The Seychelles Investment (Economic Activities) Regulations - S.I. 71 of 2014  stipulates the economic activities allowable for non-Seychellois participation subject to certain conditions. The Government maintains that certain economic activities are doable and affordable to Seychellois investors and such activities shall remain reserved for them. These are found in the Reserved Economic Activities Policy, April 2020 

This depends on the nature of the business and the referral time between the various agencies. Once you submit all necessary documents to SIB, our Investment Facilitation team will mediate with other governmental agencies on your behalf and provide you with administrative and advisory support.

Find out more about the steps to starting your business and the time taken to register your business or company with the Registration Department. 

A foreign investor may apply for Permanent Residency (PR) or citizenship of Seychelles if:

  • They are making an investment of USD 1,000,000 or more in a business in Seychelles.
  • Have the means of supporting him/herself during 1 year of his/her residence in Seychelles upon receipt of the Permanent Residence Permit.
  • Have at least 5 years of business association or affiliation as a result of his/her direct investment.

There are no foreign exchange controls and funds can move freely in and out of the country.

Not necessarily. You may submit your complete project memorandum to our Investment Facilitation team who will mediate with other governmental agencies on your behalf and provide you with administrative and advisory support.

You may also contact us on:

Tel: (+248) 429 5500
Investment Helpline: (+248) 281 5500

WhatsApp: (+248) 2615500

The Economic Needs Test (ENT) is a process as enacted in the Third Schedule of the SI 71 Seychelles Investment (Economic Activities), under the Seychelles Investment (Economic Activities) Regulations of the Seychelles Investment Act 2010.

The ENT process evaluates and determines whether the proposed economic activities are able to fill a gap in a particular sector, by allowing foreign investments.

  • To stimulate the development, expansion and growth of the economy by promoting Seychelles as an international business and services centre.
  • To promote and facilitate the development of investment and business activities.
  • To work closely with partner agencies to promote expansion (re-investment) into the economy.
  • To assist in developing pro-investment policies to improve the economic landscape.

Find out more about our vision, mission and objectives.

  • SIB – no charge
  • Registration of Business:
  1. Sole trader or partnership: SCR 100 – SCR 200
  2. Company: Starts at SCR 2,500 upwards
  • Registering for Registration of Tax Identification Number (TIN) – no charge
  • Fees for applying for a license vary based on the type of business activity

Yes; unless you are a Seychellois citizen, project submission to SIB is required.

  • International Business Companies (IBCs)
  • Companies Special Licence (CSL)
  • Foundations
  • International Trusts
  • Limited Partnerships
  • Collective Investment Schemes
  • Protected Cell Companies
  • Non-Domestic Insurance
  • Securities
  • International Trade Zone
  • Ship/Yacht Registration
  • Fintech

There is no minimum investment capital set to start a business.

  • Seychelles International Business Companies have no tax liabilities.
  • There is no minimum share capital requirement.
  • No nationality restrictions on Directors or Shareholders and 100% foreign ownership is permitted.
  • Only one Director and one Shareholder is required and these can be the same person.
  • Minimal reporting requirements; no audit or tax returns are required.
  • Cost effective on-going maintenance.
  • No requirement for a company Secretary.
  • No requirement for annual meeting to be held in the Seychelles, can be held anywhere in the world.
  • Information on shareholders, beneficial owners and directors are not publicly accessible.


Find out more

Upon submission of your investment project to SIB, you will receive an acknowledgement letter within 48 hours.

Your project will then be circulated to all relevant Government referral agencies for their comments and recommendations. Once all comments from referral agencies are received, given no adverse comments, you will receive a feedback letter with the go-ahead to start your business.

Find out more about the investment process.

A foreigner may be able to acquire freehold land which is held in private ownership only, subject to meeting certain criteria and official permission being granted.

A foreigner is not able to purchase state land, except for a few specific exceptions, but may hold the land on a long-term lease following an approved development on the land. This does not apply to any land that has been sold under the ‘Land Bank Programme’. In addition, land on all outlying islands may only be held on long-term leases.

The following fees are applicable:

  • A statutory processing fee equivalent to 1.5% of the market value of the property. Sanction duty of 11% (actual) market value of the immovable property for holiday home or residential development outside the Villas Policy.
  • Stamp Duty, 5% (actual) of the market value of the property.

All services offered by SIB are free of charge.

Non-Seychellois workers may be employed in Seychelles if the skills for the specific job post are unavailable locally. In order to apply for a foreign worker position, an advertisement of the vacancy must be made in the local newspaper. If the employer is able to prove that they have not received a successful candidate for the position, they may apply for a non-Seychellois to fill the position through an application made at the Department of Employment

Read more about the guidelines for recruiting non-Seychellois and frequently asked questions about employing non-Seychellois workers.

For more details, please contact:


Tel: (248) 4297200
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
4th and 5th Floor Independence House Annex
Victoria, Mahe

Latest News