How can we help you?


Browse the topics below to find what you are looking for

Start your Business

  1. Submit your Business Plan to SIB
  2. Register your business or company at the Registration Division
  3. Apply for a Tax Identification Number (TIN) at the Seychelles Revenue Commission (SRC)
  4. Should your project require architectural planning, submit a detailed planning application to the Seychelles Planning Authority
  5. Should your business be licensable, apply for a license at the Seychelles Licensing Authority (SLA)
  6. Should you have foreign employees, apply for Gainful Occupational Permits (GOP) at the Department of Employment

Find out more

This depends on the nature of the business and the referral time between the various agencies. Once you submit all necessary documents to SIB, our Investment Facilitation team will mediate with other governmental agencies on your behalf and provide you with administrative and advisory support.

Find out more about the steps to starting your business and the time taken to register your business or company with the Registration Department. 

Not necessarily. You may submit your complete project memorandum to our Investment Facilitation team who will mediate with other governmental agencies on your behalf and provide you with administrative and advisory support.

You may also contact us on:

Tel: (+248) 429 5500
Investment Helpline: (+248) 281 5500

WhatsApp: (+248) 2615500

  • SIB – no charge
  • Registration of Business:
  1. Sole trader or partnership: SCR 100 – SCR 200
  2. Company: Starts at SCR 2,500 upwards
  • Registering for Registration of Tax Identification Number (TIN) – no charge
  • Fees for applying for a license vary based on the type of business activity

There is no minimum investment capital set to start a business.

A foreigner may be able to acquire freehold land which is held in private ownership only, subject to meeting certain criteria and official permission being granted.

A foreigner is not able to purchase state land, except for a few specific exceptions, but may hold the land on a long-term lease following an approved development on the land. This does not apply to any land that has been sold under the ‘Land Bank Programme’. In addition, land on all outlying islands may only be held on long-term leases.

The following fees are applicable:

  • A statutory processing fee equivalent to 1.5% of the market value of the property. Sanction duty of 11% (actual) market value of the immovable property for holiday home or residential development outside the Villas Policy.
  • Stamp Duty, 5% (actual) of the market value of the property.

Non-Seychellois workers may be employed in Seychelles if the skills for the specific job post are unavailable locally. In order to apply for a foreign worker position, an advertisement of the vacancy must be made in the local newspaper. If the employer is able to prove that they have not received a successful candidate for the position, they may apply for a non-Seychellois to fill the position through an application made at the Department of Employment

Read more about the guidelines for recruiting non-Seychellois and frequently asked questions about employing non-Seychellois workers.

For more details, please contact:


Tel: (248) 4297200
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
4th and 5th Floor Independence House Annex
Victoria, Mahe

Upon Government approval of a project proposal, the investor(s) will be required to apply for Gainful Occupation Permit (GOP), which will allow the investor to live and work in the Seychelles.

The costs are as follows:

  • Application: SCR 1,000 (processing fee)
  • Monthly permit fee: SCR 500

Latest News